Wednesday, November 26, 2008

IIT Delhi online Pride/parade

Today, that is 26th November,2008 started the online pride parade for all IIT alumni across the world. I got a message from my friend requiring me to change my status on G-talk to my entry number. I promptly checked for status of my colleagues, they all have changed it to their respective entry numbers. I almost instantly changed it, without thinking and this was the first time I did it without thinking. But then I was really curious about what it is all about. I asked many of my friends, but got a neutral response from most of them , some were defensive , and told me that they did not start it so they are not the correct person to ask, some were just going with the flow, but I did not find anybody curious like me to find the reason behind all this and whats the logic. Some mistook it for a parade, but to make it clear it is just to make u feel pride of being an IIT-alumni. It was amazing to be confronted by the fact that most of them were blindly following it, or maybe it should be like that and I was only one thinking soo much on it, or maybe the my opinion is limited only to my friends.
But neway jo bhi hai, it felt good after looking at all the status with entry numbers, and reminding myself of my own. It used to be the most important thing of IIT life. It was more of a nostalgia than pride. But the end game is that it felt good, so no more thought process.

1 Jee khol kar likh dijie ..:

deeps said...

in any case .. it s a matter of joy to be in the list of some of our friends ...

ohh i m not too well these days....
hence it s not easy to be in time ... though i wish ...but life is like that ...